Cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) tubing is becoming an increasingly popular choice nowadays – it is less expensive than copper, faster to install with less fittings that might develop leaks in the future.
PEX is a type of plastic tubing applied in both plumbing and heating systems. Since copper is too expensive for some homeowners, they have begun to use PEX instead. PEX pipes have been installed in Europe for over 30 years and over the last 10-15 years their use have become widespread in the USA as well. Ease of installation, reliability, and relatively low costs of PEX piping explains its constant growth in popularity over the last couple decades.
Brea/OC Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning offers a huge variety of PEX installation options for both residential and commercial facilities. Consider some of the following advantages of PEX pipes before you consider repiping your home:
- Limited amount of leaks: PEX plumbing installations need fewer fittings than rigid copper piping. Consequently, there is less possibility for leaks to occur at joint connections.
- Flexible: PEX tubing does not require elbow fittings to make 90 degree turns. Also PEX tubing unrolled from spools can be installed in long runs without utilizing coupling fittings.
- Resists Corrosion: PEX resists the scale build-up and does not corrode when subjected to acidic water.
- Resists freezing: PEX is more resistant to freezing temperatures than copper or rigid plastic pipe.
- No Water Hammer: The flow of water is quiet through PEX tube; consequently “water hammer” noise that is heard in copper pipe systems is practically eliminated.
- Less Expensive: PEX tubing is cheaper than copper pipes and faster to install because of fewer fittings required.
If you are thinking about repiping your home, repiping experts at Brea/OC Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning can replace your pipes using both PEX and copper and they are qualified enough to help you make the right decisions when it comes to your pipes. Contact our licensed and reliable plumbers and they will repipe your home quickly and cost-effectively, reducing the disruption and damage to your property.